Imagine five dogs, four college students, one high school student, two elementary students and one “likes everything clean” mother all in the same household during Thanksgiving weekend.
That’s eight people plus my client, making nine people. Then add four more relatives visiting for breakfast and to watch the Civil War game and there’s bound to be a mess or two or three.
In this customer’s case, she came home to discover one of the dogs – she’s reluctant to name names – had an accident. That’s why I love pets. They bring me a lot of business. (Note to self: Send thank you card to Winter.)
Add to that the dog hair from four Labradors who napped on the couch while the family was sightseeing and shopping, some spilt red wine, overflowing candle wax on the wood mantle and a couple food stains on the couch and the carpet and my customer was ready to call for assistance getting her house back in order before everyone visits again for Christmas.
That’s why she called Rainbow Carpet Cleaning where are motto is “Let our family take care of yours.” And after taking care of her relatives all weekend, she was ready for Rainbow Carpet Cleaning’s professional team to do its magic of removing stains, cleaning carpets and more.
A family-owned and operated business since 1973, Rainbow Carpet’s services include cleaning your carpet and upholstery, repairing pet damage, sealing and cleaning grout and tile and replacing your old carpet with new carpet.
We offer green cleaning for clients who are concerned about the environment or have sensitivities to chemicals. And we can restore the color to your carpet that has faded or damaged and clean Oriental and area rugs.
During the holidays, we know people are on tighter budgets. That’s why our team members will share with you projects you can tackle and ones you should let a professional handle.
We believe when it comes to cleaning your carpets and upholstery, it’s best to hire a professional because you deserve a clean, healthy home.
As for the overflowing wax on wood mantle, that’s something you can tackle with a little knowledge.
Here’s the best way to clean wax from:
1. Harden the wax with an ice cube.
2. Use a plastic ruler or expired credit card to carefully scrape it off.
3. Remove the waxy residue with a cream furniture wax.
1. Scrape excess wax off the glass surface.
2. With a blow dryer set on medium, apply heat to the wax, using a rag to wipe off the wax as it softens.
3. Wash the glass with hot, soapy water.
1. After wax has harden, scrap as much as you can off.
2. Place a damp lint-free white cloth over the wax and use an iron set on medium heat.
3. The heat from the iron will cause the wax to cling to the cloth.
4. Use rubbing alcohol to remove the residue.
If you need help with getting your house ready for the holidays, call Rainbow Carpet Cleaning in:
• Albany at 541-967-7332
• Corvallis at 541-758-0176
• Toll-free at 800-432-2340
Regardless of what your house looks like after hosting guests Thanksgiving weekend, we will help put it back in order for the December holidays.